How to Activate Ecobank USSD Code 2023: Register & Use *326#
Do you need to know how to activate Ecobank USSD Code? This post shows you how to register *326# banking on your phone and use it for transactions.
To activate the Ecobank USSD code, dial *326# from your registered phone number (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile) and follow the on-screen prompt to get your 6-digit PIN. After, use the code to transfer money to any bank account without an ATM card, check your balance, buy airtime, or pay bills with your USSD PIN.
Therefore, this post helps you understand this activation process and other related topics.
So let’s start.
What is Ecobank USSD Code
The Eco bank USSD code is *326#. It is a fast and easy way to perform any banking transactions on your phone, such as sending money, checking your balance, buying airtime, or paying bills. This USSD code works on any phone – a basic phone or smartphone – and major mobile networks in Nigeria, Mtn, Glo, Airtel and 9 Mobile.
To start using this Ecobank *326#, you have to register it on your phone using your ATM card details to activate it. Then, create your USSD unique PIN which you will always use to confirm all transactions you make afterwards.
Is EcoBank USSD Code Safe and Secure?
The Ecobank *326# USSD banking is safe and secure as it requires your unique PIN to confirm all your banking transactions. Hence, keep your PIN private including your ATM debit card.
Peradventure, if you lost your phone, block the Ecobank USSD banking immediately by dialling *326*911# on any phone.
How to Activate Ecobank USSD Code
To use the Ecobank *326#, you need to register it on your phone. Below are the required steps to activate and use the USSD code for banking transactions:
- Dial the code *326# on your Ecobank registered phone. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- Select 2 to create your PIN
- Input your Ecobank account number
- Enter the last 4 digits of your ATM card number
- Enter the 4-digit PIN of the ATM Debit card.
- Then, create a new 6-digit PIN and confirm it
To understand how to send money to other bank accounts, check this post on Ecobank transfer code and limit.
Ecobank USSD Code Activation Requirement
Below are the requirement to activate the Ecobank USSD code on your phone before you start using it:
- Have an Ecobank active account
- Have an ATM Debit card
- Use the phone number linked to your bank account
- Airtime on your mobile network for Network charge. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- Thereafter, dial code *326# to activate the USSD banking
How can I Activate Eco Bank USSD Code without ATM Debit Card?
You perform any banking transaction using Ecobank code *326# with your USSD PIN without using ATM debit card such as transfers or airtime payments. A debit card linked to your account is only needed to create your PIN during the activation of the USSD code. Thereafter, you don’t need it.
Therefore, activating the Ecobank USSD code without an ATM card is not possible as it is through the debit card you access your account on the phone.
Hence, get an Eco Bank debit card from any branch closest to you.
How Much is the Network Fee to Activate EcoBank USSD?
The mobile network (MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9Mobile) will charge you 6.98 Naira when you want to activate the Ecobank USSD code *326# and every time you use the code for all banking transactions. However, Ecobank does not charge you for using the USSD banking
How to Deactivate Ecobank USSD Banking
Did you lose your phone and need to block your account? Dial the code *326*911# to deactivate Eco Bank USSD mobile banking (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile). Then, follow the on-screen prompts and enter your 6-digit PIN.
To unblock your Ecobank USSD banking, dial, the code *326# on your registered phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.). Then, follow the on-screen prompts.
To understand better, read How to Reset Ecobank USSD PIN
Other Useful Eco Bank USSD Codes
- Transfer money to an Ecobank account: Dial *326*Amount*Nuban Account Number#
- Transfer money to other bank accounts: Dial *326*2*Amount*Nuban Account Number#
- Buy airtime for yourself: Dial *326*Amount# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge
- Buy airtime for others: Dial *326*Amount*Phone Number# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge
- Pay for bills: Dial *326# and choose option 4 to pay for electricity and cable TV
- Check Ecobank account number: Dial *326*0#
- Open Ecobank Account: Dial *326#
- How to Activate FirstBank USSD code and Transfer Money
- Activate FCMB USSD Code: How to Register and Use *329# Banking
- Activate Fidelity Bank USSD Code: How to Register & Use *770#
- How to Activate Wema Bank USSD Code *945#
- Activate Stanbic IBTC Bank USSD Code: How to Register and Use *909# without ATM Card
- Activate Access Bank USSD Code: How to Register & Use *901# without ATM Card
- How to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code *822#
Finally, I hope you now know how to activate the Ecobank *326# USSD banking code and use it for all financial transactions such as transferring money to another bank account.
Therefore, try it and let me know your experience also leave a message in the comment section below.