How to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code 2023: Register & Use *822# PIN
Do you need to know how to activate Sterling Bank USSD Code? This post shows you how to register *822# banking on your phone and use it for transactions.
To activate the Sterling bank USSD code, dial *822*1*Account Number# from your registered mobile phone number (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile) and follow the on-screen prompt to create and get your 4-digit USSD PIN. Then, use the code to transfer money to any bank account without an ATM card, check your balance, buy airtime and pay bills with your PIN.
Therefore, this post helps you understand this activation process and other related topics.
So let’s start.
What is Sterling Bank USSD Code?
The Sterling Bank USSD code is *822#. It is a fast and easy way to perform banking transactions on your mobile phone without internet data, such as sending money, checking your balance, buying airtime, or paying bills. This USSD code works on any phone – a basic phone or smartphone – and major mobile networks in Nigeria, Mtn, Glo, Airtel and 9 Mobile.
To start using the Sterling code *822#, you must register it on your mobile phone. Then, create and get your USSD unique PIN code which you will always use to confirm all transactions you make afterwards such as transferring money.
Is Sterling Bank USSD Safe and Secure?
The Sterling bank *822# USSD banking is safe and secure as it requires your unique PIN to confirm all your banking transactions. Hence, keep your PIN private including your ATM debit card.
In case you lost your mobile phone, block the Sterling bank USSD banking immediately by dialling *822*911# on any phone.
How to Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code
To start using the Sterling code, you must register and create your USSD PIN. Thereafter, you can perform various banking transactions on the USSD platform, authenticating with your 4-digit PIN.
Below are the required steps to activate the Sterling bank USSD code:
- Dial the code *822*1*Account Number# on your phone. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- Follow the on-screen prompts
- Create a unique 4-digit USSD PIN.
- Re-enter the USSD PIN to confirm it.
- Receive a successful activation message.
Note that if you try to initiate any transactions with *822# such as transfer money, you will instantly be prompted to register for Sterling bank USSD banking and get your 4-digit PIN code.
Sterling Bank USSD Code Activation Requirement
Below are the requirement to activate the Sterling bank USSD code on your mobile phone before you start using it:
- Have an active Sterling bank account
- Register with or without an ATM Debit card
- Use the mobile phone number linked to your bank account
- Airtime on your mobile network for Network charge. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.
- Thereafter, dial code *822# to activate the USSD banking
Can I Activate Sterling Bank USSD Code without ATM Debit Card?
To activate the Sterling bank USSD code without an ATM debit card, dial the code *822*1*Account Number# on your registered mobile phone. Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile. Then Follow the on-screen prompt. After that, you can transfer money of 20000 Naira per transaction.
However, to increase the Sterling bank USSD transfer code limit from 20000 Naira to 100000 Naira per transaction, you must register with an ATM debit card and get a PIN 2.
How to Deactivate Sterling Bank Account with USSD Code
Did you lose your mobile phone and need to block your account? Dial the USSD code *822*911# to deactivate the Sterling bank profile account (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile). Then, follow the on-screen prompts and enter your PIN.
To understand better, read on How to Block Sterling Bank Account.
To reactivate your Sterling bank account, dial the USSD code *822# on your registered mobile phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.). Then, follow the on-screen prompts.
How Much is the Network Fee to Activate Sterling USSD?
The mobile network (MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9Mobile) will charge you 6.98 Naira when you want to activate the Sterling bank USSD code *822# and every time you use the code for all banking transactions.
How to Reset Sterling USSD PIN
If you forgot your Sterling bank USSD PIN or need to change it, reset it by dialling the code *822# on your registered mobile phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile.). Then, select PIN RESET from the menu. This code is helpful in case you forget your PIN when you register for Sterling Bank USSD banking.
To understand better, read How to Reset Sterling Bank USSD PIN
Other Sterling USSD Banking Codes
- Transfer money code to a Sterling bank account: Dial *822*Amount*Account Number#
- Transfer money code from Sterling to another bank account: Dial *822*Amount*Account Number#
- Sterling bank airtime code for self: Dial *822*Amount# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge
- Sterling bank airtime code to buy for others: Dial *822*Amount*Phone Number# to purchase Mtn, Glo, Airtel or 9 Mobile recharge
- Withdraw cash from Sterling Bank ATM without a Debit Card code: Dial *822*42#, then follow the on-screen prompts to perform a cardless withdrawal
- Sterling bank bill payment code: Dial *822*2# and follow the on-screen prompts
- Code to check Sterling bank account balance: Dial *822*0#
- Code to block Sterling Bank ATM Debit card: Dial *822*911#
- Open a Sterling Bank Account code: Dial *822*07#
- Activate FCMB USSD Code: How to Register *329# Banking
- Activate Polaris Bank USSD Code: How to Register *833# without ATM Card
- How to Activate Stanbic IBTC Bank USSD Code without ATM Card
- Activate Access Bank USSD Code: How to Register & Use *901# without ATM Card
- Activate Union Bank USSD Code: How to Register & Reset *826# PIN
Finally, I hope you now know how to activate the Sterling bank *822# USSD banking code on your mobile phone and use it for all financial transactions such as transferring money to another bank account.
Therefore, try it and let me know your experience. Also, leave a message in the comment section below.